Friday, November 30, 2007

My neck is definitely sore now. The surgery went fine. I arrived at the center as scheduled and filled out the paperwork, then began the long wait to be called. About an hour later they called me and took me back to the pre-op area to get ready. I put on a gown and was given several shots of anesthesia to the neck. Ten minutes later I was taken to the operating room. I layed on my back with my head turned to the left, exposing the right side of my neck. The doctor came in and it began. I didn't feel anything except some pressure and the sensation of my hair being pulled on the right side. Not sure how long it took, but it went quick enough and the doctor was done and I was sewn up. I got to see the lymph node they removed. It was interesting. I was taken to the post-op area, given instructions, and sent on my way. I got home around 12:30pm. I laid my head down and napped. I get the sutures removed next week Friday. I should have the results sometime next week also.

0 comments: