Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Deciphering



I drifted off to sleep on the couch this morning. (For those of you who are wondering, I actually have been sleeping in my bed as of late.) I had a very strange dream which I will try to convey. I was attending a work(?) function at an old brown-brick school. The halls were decorated with balloons, streamers; pop music playing from the sound system. I was wandering the halls looking for someone. Everyone there was wearing party hats; people from past jobs, old friends, extended family; people I have known throughout the years. In each classroom there were clowns wearing popcorn bucket hats playing carnival games for prizes. As I looked for who I wanted to meet, I wandered outside, into a light rain, lit a cigarette, and watched moving trucks trying to parallel park on the street in front of the school. The leaves were off the trees, which were covered with lights and streamers. I asked people entering and leaving the building if they saw who I was meeting and the answer was whatever song was playing, as if they were singing it. I woke up at that point. It took me a moment to recollect where I was. Strange.

0 comments: