Saturday, March 10, 2007


More about the trip: Animal Kingdom is my favorite park. I love the Jamming in the Jungle parade. Everest Expedition is an awesome ride. I love the atmosphere. Pat, Chris, and I went there first, met up with Aunt Christine and Uncle Doug. While walking through the park we saw Lilo and Stich, so I had to get my picture. I have to tell the story of the Iraq War Veteran. Chris and I noticed him while on the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. He was in a wheelchair, I first caught glance of artificial arms, hooks for hands. Then he stood up on two artificial legs and walked to the viewing area around the gorillas. I wanted to stare, watch, but couldn't. My heart went out to this guy, his wife, and small children. I didn't notice his face was scarred, his nose missing. Behind him there was a parade of five electric carts with overweight individuals. I was appalled, even disgusted. I wanted to cry for this man trying to make a normal life and scream at the people who were capable of having one but weren't making the effort. I felt my experiences with the cancer and the blood clot aren't so bad in comparison. I also have the utmost respect for this man and none for the current Washington administration. Another fleeting moment at the Animal Kingdom featured the Minnie Girls, three cute Asian girls wearing red miniskirts with white polka dots, black leggings and yellow shoes, just like Minnie Mouse. They were adorable, Chris managed to get his picture with them. We spent the rest of the trip looking for them! More on events of the trip when I recall them...
My Pro-Time is 2.6, Dr Kaiser wants me to continue on the current dose of Coumadin I am taking and have my blood checked again in a month. I finally looked at my body tattooed, I feel like a treasure map, purple Xs on my hips, stomach, and where the lymph node was removed. They are temporary, should last the three weeks of treatment.
Oh yeah, I finally got a Sam's Club card, Thanks to my Dad!!!!


0 comments: