Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Office Visit

I got to the Oncologist's office with minutes to spare and they called me back for quick blood tests right away. Then I took a seat in the waiting room and did the crossword puzzle from the journal. The nurse came to get me then and take me back to the examining room. All my stats were normal. The Doctor came in, told me I had clean scans and my blood counts were good, including the platelets. He informed me I was in remission and I didn't have to come back for three months. Three whole months of no blood work, tests, exams. He said I was an ideal patient and a pleasure to treat and care for. He also raved about my Dad, which I had to agree with wholeheartedly. All that was running through my mind was three whole months of no blood work, tests, exams! It was a good day at the doctor's office.

0 comments: