Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Diagnostics

The check engine light has been going on, off ocassionaly while driving the Jeep. I figured that I should have it checked out since I am going to be driving the vehicle for a while, and for miles and miles on my journey south. I took it in to have a diagnostic check done and the print out was several feet long, but the actual troubleshooting list was short. The diagnostics detected a cyclinder misfire number 1 withprobable cause ignition system fault-spark plugs, ignition wires, coil (just replaced recently); vacuum leak; injector fault; high or low fuel pressure. Now to disseminate this information and figure out just what the actual issue is and get it fixed. I was relieved it wasn't pages upon pages of defects, I do keep up with the maintenance to keep the Jeep running and I want to keep the Jeep running for some time.

0 comments: