Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Office Visit

Getting CT and PET Scans is always interesting. First, there's the visit to the blood lab, several vials of blood drawn. Then you get put into a small room, with a recliner and warmed blankets. You drink lemon flavored contrast materials and are given the radioactive dye. You rest for about 45 minutes to let everything circulate through your system, then off to the scans. They take about 45 minutes to complete. You have to fast for 12 hours prior, so by the time the scans are done, I am starving. Tim and I went to Steak-N-Shake to eat, then I headed home to rest, the materials always make me feel blah. I'm rested and beginning the nightly fever. I will find out the results of the scans next week. Until then, I'll just get through the symptoms as they come.

0 comments: