Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Bout

I started writing this blog as a way to document how I got through treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I also wrote it to let people know how I was doing through treatment. Since then, I have been providing a glimpse of just what I'm about, a little insight into my life, who I am.

Over the past number of weeks, I have been experiencing a number of symptoms that are identical to the ones I had prior to my first diagnosis. Persistent low grade fevers of 99+, infrequently at first, to nightly, beginning around dusk and lasting an hour or more before finally breaking. I've noticed several swollen lymph nodes recently. There is a slight lingering fatigue, and I have lost weight again. I have contacted my oncologist, have had blood tests run, nothing conclusive, so now I will have scans run again. I need to get checked out again. I do not know what the outcome will be, but hoping that my body is just readjusting, not relapsing. All indications lead me to believe I am in for another go round, but I would like nothing better than to have something minor.

Whatever it may be, I will deal with it. With all that I've faced in the last few years, I've learned I can handle pretty much anything. You'll be reading about things as they unfold.

0 comments: