Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What Is Her Name?

Recently I was standing in line to get some food when this woman came up to me and told me she was just thinking about me, needed a good laugh, and thought of the time we played dead at the office. I recognized her from a previous job, over ten years ago, and remembered exactly what she was talking about. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember her name. As she was talking, I was busy trying to recall her name. She said thanks for the memory, wished me well, and walked away. I spent the rest of the evening trying to figure out her name. In the middle of a conversation later that evening, I blurted it out loud and clear. It made me feel good that I affected someone in such a way that they remembered me, and made me feel bad that I couldn't put a name to the face until it was too late.

0 comments: