Friday, January 09, 2009

Long Drives & Short Appointments

The snow made it an interestingly long drive to the oncologist this morning. I left about 7:00am and arrived at 8:20am. It normally would take at most 30 minutes. The oncologist only ordered a CT scan, no Pet scan. That meant 45 minute wait while the contrast material I had to drink circulated and 15 minutes having the scan done. Having a Pet scan would have added an additional 30 minutes in the machine. So the appointment took shorter than the drive there. Julia met me at the office, then we went out for breakfast and had a nice chat. I enjoyed spending the morning with her. The drive back home took about an hour. I have been lounging, napping, reading, watching TV and snacking since. All and all, a pretty good day, if I say so myself.

0 comments: