Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I am RADIOACTIVE. Thanks to the CT and PET scans. They were rather interesting tests. The technician first tested my glucose level. 94 mg. Normal is between 80 and 120. She inserted an IV to give me the PET scan liquid. I also had to drink this sugary lemony tasting liquid. Then I had to wait about 35 minutes to wait for the liquid to circulate. I almost dozed off. Then she came and told me the test would begin. The CT scan was first. I was hooked up to an IV containing a dye. The machine was like two large donuts with a bed that moved through the donut holes. The machine rattled and hummed and made noise while I moved through the scanner. I imagined it being a futuristic Disney ride. The technician told me the dye might make me feel flush when administered. It did. My crotch got all warm. Geez. I was expecting my face, neck. The test took about 15 minutes. Then it was the PET scan. The machine was quiet and I just moved through the machine for about 30 minutes. The technician played Genesis. I had to have my arms over my head the entire time. It seemed to go fast, it was over and I could head home. Now the wait begins until Friday.

0 comments: