Thursday, July 27, 2006

I called the clinic promptly at 8:30am. The nurse took my information and told me that she would talk to the doctor and call me back. Mind you my mouth has been burning non-stop since Tuesday. 11:30am and no phone call. I called back. The doctor wouldn't be in until 1:00pm. I would be first priority. I tried to go to the grocery store with my dad, but it got to be too much. Finally I got the call about 1:15pm. They wanted me to come to the clinic for a check up and urine sample. Dad and I got there by 2:00pm. I had several exams and four new prescriptions and was out the door about 3:30pm. Walgreens didn't have the one prescription I needed and a storm was raging outside. The pharmacists did an admirable job tracking down the prescription to 76th and Cold Spring Rd. more driving, more burning. We stopped back by mom to let her know what was happening. Ending up eating some food before heading out. The freeway was backed up. I finally got to Walgreens around 5:00pm and had to wait 20 minutes for the prescriptions. I finally made it home a little after 6:00pm. Mouth is soothed. It was a long miserable day.

0 comments: