Monday, April 21, 2008

Shack and the City

Over the weekend I encountered two different types of customer service. I wanted to get some accessories for the Zune, did some research on the Internet, and decided to stop in at Radio Shack which I had a coupon and they had reasonable prices. I searched the MP3 section and could only find IPod accessories. I asked the sales clerk for assistance. He told me they do not carry Zune because they are inferior to IPod and there is no demand for Zune products. I showed him print outs from the Radio Shack website. He told me that I should order off the site and walked away. I decided I wouldn't be purchasing anything from Radio Shack. I drove to Circuit City, browsed their MP3 area, and couldn't find what I was looking for. An associate asked if I needed help. I explained what I wanted. He went to their computer, looked the information up and ordered the components for me. I received the 10% discount for the Radio Shack coupon, plus and additional 10% Circuit City discount and free shipping of the items, which will be delivered directly to me. What a difference in customer service. Next time I will consider Circuit City and not even bother with Radio Shack.

0 comments: