Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Unsociable

In the mail today was a letter from the Social Security Administration. It referenced the money I owe. I find it incredible that after over one year, the SSA still has not been able to figure out that I have not cashed any of the checks, even after providing copies of the voided, returned ones and an on-going review of my account. I have received letters inquiring about uncashed checks, so I expected things were finally moving in the right direction, but now I'm gong to have to contact them again, take time out to go to the local office and meet with an indifferent clerk who will explain there is nothing they can do to help clear the problem up. Dealing with SS frightens me, to see just how incompetent the US government really is. I'm not looking forward to the encounter.

0 comments: