Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cooler By The Lake

I went for a bike ride along the lake today. The sun was out, seemed inviting, so I got on the bike and headed for the trails. The sun shining can be deceiving, it was definitely cool out, not as warm as yesterday. Needless to say, I pedaled on. Got a rhythm going as was enjoying the ride. Along the way, a deer started to cross the path and stopped directly in front of me, blocking my way. I slowed to a stop about ten feet from the animal and we looked at each other. I fumbled for my cell phone to get a picture, talking to the deer, telling it that I was going to snap a picture. The deer watched me for a while, turned it's head, glanced back at me, then turned back into the brush. By the time I got to the camera feature, the deer was gone. With the trail open again and nothing blocking me, I continued on the route. I found the encounter pretty amazing, pretty darn cool if you ask me. Just wish I had been able to capture the moment.

0 comments: