Saturday, May 02, 2009

Up With The Sun

Early morning for me today. Going to start some laundry, finish the book I'm reading, then get outside. The sun is out, it's supposed to be a nice day, and I want to enjoy it away from the couch!

Yesterday, I got in contact with an old friend I used to work with years ago(actually, she contacted me), and as we were talking she informed me she had been diagnosed with hodgkin's lymphoma in February and is currently going through treatment. It started a long conversation as I told her about my experience with the disease, she told me hers. It was a good conversation for the both of us.

Last night, I talked with my friend who just finished her treatment for colon cancer for over an hour. She has responded well to them and is hoping for a reprieve, depending on test results and scans. I am hopeful too.

Oh, it's 7:01am and I can now use the laundry facilities, so starts my day.

0 comments: