Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It Depends On Who You Talk To

Since it was such a beautiful day out, I decided to get out there and enjoy it. Went to Stone Creek Coffee, ordered a Mocha, and sat out on the patio. I watched traffic, I watched people, I watched birds, enjoyed the sun. A guy came out to sit in the sun and took the table next to me. We started talking. Turns out he has stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma, terminal. We chatted for about thirty minutes. Lokking at him, you would never guess he was ill, but the lymphoma was spread throughout his body, he has been battling it for about five years. Conventional treatment has not been working so he is going through three different experimental treatments. He told me he knew what he was facing, yet was happy, optimistic. I ended up telling him my story, my situation. He listened and gave me advise in parting. Follow your heart.

0 comments: