Monday, November 27, 2006

COMPLETE REMISSION!!! I couldn't have asked for better news. When I got to the clinic, the waiting room was full. Not a good sign. I managed to get a seat right next to the aquarium so I spent the time watching the fish. About 30 minutes went by before I was called to have blood work. I was sent directly to the doctor after that. All stats were good, normal. All counts normal, platelets were down slightly, but that was expected. Then the 20 minute wait until the doctor arrived. He opened the door, shook my hand, and told me the news. The scans showed no trace of Hodgkins present in my body. He stated he was surprised by the results because of the minimal treatments (50%) I had received. By then we both were laughing, smiling. I am coming to the end of this journey. I will continue with four additional treatments at 50% to finish up. Today I received the first of the final treatments. January 8th is my last chemotherapy treatment. I am glad, excited, and tired. I believe it has been the support of my family, especially Mom and Dad, and the support of my friends that got me through. I can't believe it, Complete Remission!!!!

0 comments: