Monday, January 29, 2007

I have a large Blood Clot in my right leg. Deep Vein Thrombosis is the technical/medical term. I have been experiencing bad pains in my right calf. It started Thursday/Friday. I thought I pulled a muscle. Over the weekend I tried to stay off my feet, took some pain medication, tried heat and ice packs. Sunday morning I cleared off my car, and the pain was intense. I went to change my pants and noticed my right calf was swollen, much larger than my left calf. I made calls to Ellen, the Oncology clinic, and my insurance. Everyone told me the same thing. Get to the Emergency room immediately. I called my dad, he went with me. I was in the ER for about 4 hours, an ultrasound showed I have a large blood clot in my right leg. I was admitted to the hospital overnight. I couldn't go to work yet. I have to give myself injections of Lovenox twice daily for the next 5 days, take Coumadin once daily, and follow up with my physician. I will be on blood thinners for a while. This is a common occurrance with patients receiving chemotherapy. The fun never ends.

0 comments: